Not for Horses (anymore)
Sion Stables is a new visitor attraction located in the historic linen village of Sion Mills on the A5 between the Walled City of Derry and the Ulster American Folk Park. Formerly the stable block attached to the nearby Sion House, Sion Stables has won awards for the way in which this listed building has been conserved and brought to life again. Sion Stables is an initiative of Sion Mills Buildings Preservation Trust in association with Hearth.
- Restaurant 1861
- Craft Shop
- Historic Linen Village Museum
- Heritage Education Centre seating fifty people for talks and meetings
- Heritage Trail – Interactive App allowing visitors to take self guided tours or book one of our guides to tell the hidden story of Sion Mills
- Car parking and coach parking available (overflow car park across the road in the Chapel Car Park)
- A5 drop off and pick-up point for bus travellers a short two minute walk from Sion Stables
For Groups We offer:
- We can provide tours that cater to the interests of your group.
- Relax after the tour in Restaurant 1861 and heritage site.
- Complimentary refreshments for driver and tour guide.
- Secure parking for two large coaches on site at any one time.